Monday, March 23, 2009

SINNER!

Forgive me Father, for it has been 11 days since my last blog entry.

Guess that making an open commitment to blog every single day of Lent has backfired because now I feel even MORE guilty for having gone AWOL that last week+4.

But, if you must know, I didn't just spurn one little promise to my readers and my God (well, I didn't really promise GOD that I would keep blogging - I'm not stupid), but I went all-out on breaking commitments, covenants, and commandants in a city where morals are about as celebrated as the NCAA woman's basketball tournament: a city of sin. Sin City.

Okay..... - I went to Vegas.

I know - it's bad. Here I am producing this doc, its Lent, the economy's bad and I scoot off to the land of lights and loose women. But it's only 3.5 hours away! And one man only has so much will power! It was spring break! I was young and stupid! (no, wait, that last one is my excuse for using steroids).

I tried to keep things relatively low-key, as low-key as I could, at least. but I did break my New Year's resolution / Lent "fasting" item of no fast food and splurged on a Double-double with fries and a chocolate shake from In-n-Out burger.

The burger is hyped up a lot by West Coasters and the In-n-Out burger is not so legendary for its taste, but for its addictive nature, kind of like cigarettes....though I'm not sure which is healthier.

Anyway, aside from the fast food (and a couple of other sinful / unlwaful activities which will be known under the umbrella term "shenanigans"), I spent most of the time just taking it easy since I knew that I'd have a heap of work to attend to upon my return to L.A.

Of course, I didn't actually attend to any work until after St. Patty's Day, but I assure you that after that I was all business. Seriously.

So, just to recap, my excuses for the past 11 days are as follows:

March 13-16th - Fast food and "shenanigans" in Las Vegas

March 17th - St. Patrick's Day

March 18-20th - Working on obtaining archival materials for the documentary

March 21-22nd - Back to filming in Hanford, CA.

Just so everyone knows: I may dodge commitments and break promises, but damnit! - at least I'll have a barely satisfactory list of excuses to cover my ass. Gosh, I just realized I that with that attitude I would be a wonderful asset to the Treasury Department!

OK, we'll keep this ridiculous train a-ridin' tomorrow, hopefully.

Even if i don't, I can assure you a damn good excuse.

-MJK

No comments: