Sunday, March 8, 2009

Quantity over Quality

[So as I try and keep up with a post-a-day, these things will often be shorter, but more frequent. Obviously, there's a trade-off. I'm still not sure which manner of posting I prefer.]

Currently in the process of editing a scene that I shot yesterday for my Intermediate Directing class. What we had to do is pick an already published work that is not a movie and find a short scene (so, essentially either from a play or adapting part of a book or short story) and rehearse and shoot it w/ actors.

I, by more luck than anything else, came across a very well-written little play called "Lip Service" from a scribe named Howard Korder (any theater people may be familiar with his most popular play - Boy's Life).

Anyway, its a really funny play, the scene I picked takes place in a bar and we shot it on location at a bar in Santa Monica. Have mentioned my love of bars? Hell, I'm even starting to warm to bars out in L.A. a little bit.

A little bit.

Shooting went well, editing now, talk to y'all later,

-MJK

1 comment:

Markese said...

i thought you were gonna misabbreviate etcetera in all of your 40 posts....so much for the streak of 2 you had going for you until this "quality" post came around. good luck with the promise, i'll be reading everyday.