Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Clutch = Dutch?

Having been busy lately with shooting and editing my directing project (now finished, thank God) and keeping up with the documentary, I've been doing my best to keep up with the goings-ons in the wide world of sports, but this weeks there have been two items that stand out. They are related by 2 factors: they both featured a clutch performance, and both further depressed me as a Chicago sports fan.

The first is Dwayne Wade's crazy winning shot against the Bulls in, what, double overtime? I mean, for me, right now, pretty much ANYTHING that I see about the Bulls depresses me (they lost again, by the way, helping the Orlando Magic clinch a playoff spot).

The second is the Netherlands surprising upset of the Dominican Republic. Now, at first, I thought this was great. What an awesome Cinderella story to give some spice to the WBC! But then I saw that the victory came at the expense of Carlos Marmol - a one-time unhittable Cubs reliever who has more recently shown some chinks in the armor. What's so disturbing is that if you watch the final innings it looks almost exactly like a typical Cubs meltdown.

Uusally, I can wait til Opening Day to even think about getting disappointed. Glad the WBC could freak me out early. Thanks Bud Selig!....you jackass.

-MJK

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, that is truly funny. Can you say sophomore slump?????

Anonymous said...

life must be good when your upset about sports.