Friday, March 6, 2009

The Hills

So, just as a little update since I've been away from the blog. In addition to producing this documentary about carousels and merry-go-rounds, I've also managed to get a nice little internship.

It's for a production company founded by Ivan Reitman (the comedic genius who produced Animal House and directed Ghostbusters). It's called the Montecito Picture Company and has recently produced such comedy flicks as Old School, Road Trip, and - a personal favorite of mine - Euro Trip. "Oh no, we're in .....Eastern Europe"

For the most part a lot of what I do is reading scripts or books and submitting coverage on them, essentially summarizing the story so that execs don't have to read 121 pages of crap. Occasionally, I'll make runs to get coffee, lunch, ect.

It's fun, and one of the coolest things is that the office is in Beverly Hills, which, up until now, was an area I only went to when someone visited and wanted to see Beverly Hills. Now, though, I work in 90210 two times a week, and am finding out a few things about the neighborhood.

Namely, it's expensive. Very, very expensive.

It's also kind of boring. I know I should be seeing celebs everywhere but I think I just kind of suck at celeb spotting. I need to, like, hang out with a guy fromTMZ or something and hone my stargazing because right now I don't think I could find Brad Pitt at an Ugly Convention.

-MK

(get it? because he'd stick out sense he's handsome? eh?....eh....oh.)

No comments: