Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Palais de Cannes

So y'all may or may not know that the highly anticipated 4th Indiana Jones film premiered here in Cannes on Sunday. Harrison Ford, George Lucas, and Steven Spielberg were all in the the grand Lumiere Theater. 

I was not.  

Lost in the mail? Hardly. Tickets were hot and the Palais where the theaters are were packed with people--some in tuxes with signs akin to those you'd see at Sheffield and Addison "NEED 1 TICKET", others in really cheap plastic "Indy hats", and all hoping get just a glimpse of the dynamic filmmaking duo that brought us some of the best moments in movie history.

Rumor is that if you touch Spielberg's finger you can fly

Anyway I tried like crazy to get in, even going as far as seeing where certain maintenance doors led to, but alas, it was not meant to be. However, I was able to catch a screening of it the following day. All I needed to do was wait in line for 2 hours, which ain't a bad deal when you have the French Riviera to look at. 

I won't say anything about the movie.......now. I may get bored in my layover in Paris next Monday and put my opinions to the keyboard. If you really care, see Indy this weekend, otherwise I have no sympathy.

Other than that been keeping busy, but the festival's winding down, which is a shame for a number or reasons, but mostly because now all the little things that bug me about Europe are starting to tick me off again. Like pigeons.

When I was in Rome in '05 I got shit on by pigeons on three separate occasions: twice in Rome and once in Venice. I hate those disgusting winged-rats and it seems that people over here have no problem allowing them eat away at this decaying continent. 

Anyway, i mention this b/c my war with the pigeons seems to have a fourth installment of its own as I got shit on a few days ago. Just the shirt-no skin contact. But what the $#*%?

Luckily this awesome French dry-cleaning woman worked on the shirt for like 5 days and finally got the stain out. Cubs Win!

After seeing Indy, my next big goal is to go to this place called the VIP room. It's some bar/club that is supposedly the location of a party to be thrown by P. Diddy. That and the whole "networking" thing. But I think that P. Diddy would make an excellent contact. 

"Yo diddy, just take my card and lets write you a f%$#*ing Oscar role"

Or i'll just go and pay 11 euros for a drink. Whatever, Chicago is just 5 days away.

allons-zi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

May I point out that there were no pigeon "incidents" in Sicily...however we did get lost in a World War II cemetery, so pick your poison.