Friday, January 25, 2008

Help A "Brother" Out

So far I've been able to provide you wonderful readers (yes, all 6 of you) with hours of entertainment with asking for little in return but the occasional comment post. But I do need to ask something of you now.

For those who may, or may not, know, I sit on the board of a brand new theater company founded by my longtime friend Derek Dion. The theater company is called "Big Brother Productions" and is built on being a theater that uses media and non conventional techniques to comment on our political and social climate. However, this theater in its infancy needs support.

It is putting on its first show-"Oedipus Rex"-one of my favorite plays-this February. I'm actually hoping to get out to Chicago to see it in early March if my schedule allows. But the theater is in jeopardy of not having enough funds to continue.

So please, even if you just started a new job, or you're in school, or you don't have a job at all. Go to their website, scroll down and click "donate" and give $25, $50, or more if you can. You can use your credit card: how easy is that? Joey uses my mom's credit card all the time.

You'll be doing your good deed for the day, and helping further a great creative cause.

If anyone has any questions about Big Brother, how you can pitch in, get tickets, or just want to speak with the greatest actor I've ever worked with, email Derek at derekdion@bigbropro.com.

4 comments:

BillHupp said...

Well said, sir. I second those thoughts.

Anonymous said...

"hupp hupp and away!"?????

bill defies the odds and hits a new low

BillHupp said...

Oh, there's plenty more where that came from, Mike. Plenty more.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure living in the hustle and bustle of NY has inspired Bill to sit in a coffee shop and fill an "idea journal" with hilarious uses of his last name.