Monday, January 21, 2008

All right boys, let's take some pictures!

I was able to get my place clean just long enough to snap some pics. Hope you all enjoy this rare glimpse into my new daily life in the City of Angels. Not exactly 1300 State Parkway, but not too shabby either.

I mean between the comfy couches from Dan the Man and the 46 inch HD, I really don't have much incentive to do anything, much less toil away at some dream, right?

WRONG!!!!! I saw a 72 inch beauty at Best Buy, you only get that with movie success money.

This my table/desk, Notice how it seems a little tall. It's called a "pub table" and it's awesome because it makes my place kind of feel like The Lion's Head Pub-minus the $2 beer of the month, table toppers, and tons of DePaul kids.

Here's my bed.

(That sentence, apparently, does not constitute foreplay in California)


But seriously, it's a damn comfy bed, made awesome-er by the heavy influence of a certain NFL franchise.


Here's the ole' MDX. The Blue Comet, as I call her (with respects to Bobby Baccala). Just wanted to let y'all know that she made the trip from CHI to LA safe and sound.

FYI: that isn't my parking space. I took that picture today at Venice Beach, where I went to do my first movie assignment, which was just some observational (ie: voyeuristic) shooting and play with images, focus, f-stops, ect. Venice beach is quite a scene, filled with surfers, families, druggies, and homeless-ish hippie-folk. The beach was relatively uncrowded because the temperature dropped to a "frigid" 59 degrees. I swear, I'm walking around in short sleeves and I see people with scarves on! And not fancy fashion scarves, but like real thick shovel-the-walk scarves. It's ridiculous, this town. Anyway, I will leave you with a picture of our fearless hero , soaking in another California sunset.




That's all for now.....Roger, Roger.



PS: In case you haven't noticed, I now know how to make links to other websites.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark:

Nice crib. Put a picture of your kitchen with the Trojan microwave in there for your Momma!

Nice job. Cleanest I've ever seen your room!

Dad

Unknown said...

this pay check is low, next pay check 01-30-08 is soon, so I will donate to your cause then. I feel the arts are far more important than sports!
you got your mom's mdx (I drove that once) very nice ride. I am sure she purchased something new. what is my sister driving now? a hybrid by any chance. your place looks very nice. so your not in kansas anymore! welcome to oz!
love, auntie sandy