Wednesday, February 2, 2011

SNOWPOCALYPSE!

It is known by many names - SNOWPOCALYPSE, SNOWMAGEDDON, BLIZZNADO, BLIZZATHON, SNOWLOCAUST, SNOWTORIOUS B.I.G., KAYSER SNOWZE, SNOW-M-G, SNOWNAMI, and SNOWPEARLHARBOR just to name a few - but the bottom line is that in the past 24 hours boatloads of snow pummeled the streets of Chicago causing Lake Shore Drive to freeze up, parts of Wrigley to fly off, and the entire city to shut down for at least a day.

Sweeeeeet!

Of course, I have to enjoy all the snowmania vicariously, the same way I experience nearly everything cool that happens in CHI these days.

But I think I did okay, keeping a close eye on live feeds from local news and zooming around the Twitterverse and Facebookland for eyewitness reports and opinions.

Man, if I were in CHI right now I'd be chilling inside, a roaring fire next to me, watching Groundhog Day over and over and maybe even partake in some video game action. It's been a while since I've "answered the Call".

But instead, I'm keeping up on the biz at my internship while doing a little bit o' writing. Figure I should take one nostaligic look out the window and pretend that there's blowing snow whipping at the window instead of a light breeze, sun, and 70 degree temps....




Nope. Still sunny.

Oh well, I'll probably rifle through a few more pics online. Some great photos on Trib online. Have gotten a couple of gems txt'd to me. Anyone else got any good ones? I wonder if you can post them in the 'comments' section?

Maybe if I went for a jog on the beach I won't feel so bad about missing BLIZZARD '11, also known as BLIZZSNOWATHONMAGEDDONSTORMPOCALYPSEBOOMEXPLOSION.

Honestly, it didn't look THAT bad. Only the 3rd worst blizzard in Chicago's history.


Or, as weatherman Phil Connors says -

"What blizzard?.....It's a couple of flakes!"



DAMN, that's a great movie. Stupid snowless weather. What's gotta happen for a guy to get a day off out here?


Oh, right....


Earthquake.


I guess I'm fine.




-MK

No comments: