Thursday, February 3, 2011

SNOWPOCALYPSE II: THE SNOW-EQUEL!!!

SNOWMAGEDDON: DAY 2

The snow-madness doesn't stop just because the snow has let up!


Either because people wanted my sympathy (they have it) or wanted to make me really jealous (they succeeded), I was sent a number of pictures and videos of the SNOWTASTROPHE.

Here's a pretty epic clip on Lake Shore Drive that looks like its something out of The Day After Tomorrow, minus the overblown budget and oddly preachy message....


Sweet Frosty's Ghost! Lake Shore is one of the most traversed roads in Chicago and they're strolling around like its rush hour in rural Canada. Its like I Am Legend meets Nanook of the North or something.

And what exactly happened with everyone driving around in the BLIZZATHALON in the first place?

I'm pretty curious to hear some stories from someone who was out driving and their dramatic (but not really dramatic) escape. Something like...

"Oh, it was just not moving at all! We were starting to run low on gas so we just left the car! We had to walk through all this snow and my feet were really cold and I thought we might not make it. I feared for my LIFE! Then we went to Arby's."


And then here's a pic of the ol' homestead care of dad-


 That is just a laughable amount of snow. Its like they were pouring out fake snow for a movie but then the "snow-dump" guy fell asleep or was tweeting and dumped just way too much. Or something like that.

Then there's a picture of buddy Nick, who is apparently trying to take credit away from the hardworking plow-drivers by letting us believe that he is responsible for the massive snow heap.



VERY IMPRESSIVE. But I'd wager dollars to donuts that you most likely spent 90% of the SNOWNADO in your apartment--pantsless--eating pasta and watching some movie on cable starring Nic Cage and/or John Travolta.

Am I wrong?

For the record, that is exactly what I would have done, so kudos to you, sir.

Well, I'm not going to share any more lame pictures of me being mopey in L.A. because I can't partake in any of the SNOTORIOUS B.I.G. That one from the internship was sad enough all ready.

To make things worse: we're having our own little cold spell in La-La.

Tomorrow: high of 64, low of 44.

That low is just 12 degrees away from freezing people!!!

I'm going to have to wear a light jacket or sweater or something. But it will be sunny so I may get hot...just sayin: we all got problems.


Enjoy the rest of SNOWPEARLHARBOR!


-MK

1 comment:

Nick said...

Let me first say, it’s about time I get some time on this blog.

Secondly, I will have you know that it’s because of hard working people like me that this great city didn’t completely shut down. I was at work by 6:30 am yesterday and stayed past 5:00 pm. For all those people who said you couldn’t get out of your garage in the suburbs or condo in some stupid area of the city, it’s know one else’s fault except your own on where you deceied to live. Don’t give me the, “Nick, you only live 5 blocks away from work” crap. I wanted to make my life easier, so I moved closer to work, I don’t care if you’re not as smart.

My third and final point, I don’t ever want to hear anyone make fun of the post office again. In horrible conditions, I still received my Sports Illustrated and BCBS bill.

As the great George Costanza once said, “If you need me, I’LL BE IN MY OFFICE!”