Sunday, September 27, 2009

It is better to give of yourself than to recieve..

...but, if you must receive, I personally prefer deep dish pizza, scotch, cigars, or any object with the word "CHICAGO" emblazoned upon its surface.

But, since this is my birthday, I do have a little gift that anyone out there in cyber-world can easily give me.

Last August I helped out on a public service announcement about breast cancer that some fellow USC students were shooting for a special contest.

Well, the cut is finished and the contest has started.

Go to this link and vote for the video ONE MILLION STRONG

(it's the first video)

http://www.glamour.com/health-fitness/blogs/vitamin-g/2009/09/vote-now-and-help-find-a-cure.html


Then, you know, email this post or the link to a bunch of people and have them vote and see the ads. It's a good cause people!

Take a look at the others (two are NYU students...stupid NYU...the other USC student is actually a good friend and did a great job, but I gotta cheer my team on), cuz its definitely an important cause.

It'd be awesome if One Million Strong won cause I gave a good week to help put this together and work as a 2nd AD on set (I'll do a whole post about that on-set experience sometime soon).

Funnily enough, I'm actually going to be volunteering at church tomorrow, so in case anyone calls or texts or whatever I may not be able to get back to you until later.

Why am I devoting my big day to the Big Guy? Well, its really just a coincidence but i do suppose I've been around for 25 years and owe the Man up top thanks for that.

Or, it could be an ego thing since the church is called "St. Mark's".

Either way, I'm sure any good I do during the day will be undone tomorrow night when I plan to patronize a few local establishments with various peers of mine. Man, so happy to be Catholic....those alcohol-fearers don't know what they're missing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday, dude!

Your are really old now, part of the quarter century club!

Love you-
Uncle T & Auntie Margie