Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ready to Rumble

Wow, so things have been really busy recently. In between finishing shooting and editing my 3rd project I somehow fell into producing our class's group project. It's a good script about two estranged friends...who are also assassins for an organized crime syndicate, that meet in a neighborhood bar. Let's just say more than pleasantries are exchanged.

So, in addition to spending many hours in the editing lab I also need to head out into the great urban jungle of LA and find a bar that will let some film students film there for about 6 or 8 hours for little to no money.

And then yesterday I see a news item like this.

Yeah, so apparently I need to be prepared in case massive plates sitting on liquid magma grind up against each other, causing freeways to crack, buildings to fall, and seismic shock waves to ripple out among all of Southern California.

Step one for me was to buy a bottle of whiskey. I'm not really sure where to go after that. I'm thinking of DVRing Volcano and just doing what Tommy Lee Jones does. He usually comes out alive in movies.

Anyway, there's a lot of crazy stuff going on and soon I will have enough time to share it all and post pictures, but I just wanted to let everyone know that in case you don't see any more posts that probably means there was an earthquake and I was crushed by the six cases of Coke that sit perilously atop my fridge.

BTW: if you haven't seen Volcano, it's amazing in a "hey, look what's-on-FX sort of way". Not to mention it was produced by Neal Moritz, a USC alum (and don't worry, he's done better movies since). There's a poster in one of the stairwells here signed by him. I love to walk past it b/c it has what might be the best movie poster tagline there will ever be.

" THE COAST IS TOAST - April 25th "

3 comments:

Russ said...

Ford: "I didn't kill my wife"

Jones: "I don't care!"

Classic my friend. Good luck with the shoots. Hit em' where they aint.

Russ

Anonymous said...

How ironic is it that after reading this blog yesterday, I wake up this morning to my bed shaking and things clanging in the kitchen. Since I went out drinking last night, I thought I was just losing my mind. When I woke up though, the headline states an Earthquake of 5.2 is what that shaking was early this morning. Crazy. St. Louis is no longer safe I guess.

Mark Kosin said...

Yeah, I know. I was just thinking "wouldn't it be funny if I had friends and family die b/c of earthquakes in the Midwest while I live comfortably in the fault-line capitol of America?"

Well, not funny....but you know what I mean.