Thursday, March 13, 2008

Meet Me in Mesa


Well, Tuscon, actually. But seriously, check for those cheap last minute fares to join me in the desert for some Cactus League Baseball. Anyway, it's Tuscon instead of Mesa b/c this Saturday the Chicago Cubs are playing this other team from the south side, or something.

That's right, its the crosstown classic - spring training edition - and yours truly landed some tix on StubHub (StubHub!) and I couldn't be any happier. It's been fun, don't get me wrong, but the writing, the shooting, the editing, the casting, the editing....it gets to be a lot and the break, though perhaps not well-deserved, will certainly be appreciated. It'll be nice to hit the open road, too. So far, traffic in LA has been bad, but not horrible. It just seems like there's always something somewhere-and it gets annoying.

But enough complaining, I am pumped about the drive out. I got a buddy out here in the program who's also a Cubs fan and also happened to go to Arizona State, so he knows the scene in AZ which means we get to hit up great local bars instead of just going to Buffalo Wild Wings (damn you, Dayton!).

I love spring training. It's the one time you get to watch baseball and you don't live and die by every pitch, hope springs eternal, and you get to stop pretending you're interested in mid-season NBA ball. Especially after a long winter (present company excluded) the sight of the green grass of the infield, the sound of the bat hitting the ball, the smell of grilling hot dogs, the taste of a cold beer, the feel of the peanuts cracking in your hands...damn, I love spring training.

Anyway, I also promised photos from shooting "The Deflowering". To preface, a bit bout the story: it's about a girl (Kay) who goes to an indie film set to try and make new friends but ends up meeting two very bizarre filmmakers (Carmelo and Toad).
So here's the photos:






















(Above Right) - location of the infamous "bedroom scene"
(Above Left) - Carmelo and Toad
(Below) - Kay and the shadowy Carmelo











This last one has a cruddy image of me in the gray working the camera.

If these pics all look creepy, then good. That's kind of the thing I'm going for.

Anyway, after Mike got madder than Lou Piniella b/c of the lack of shout-outs to Western Springs' favorite son in discussing the dentist movie I worked on, here's a few pics from my buddy's flick. They're pretty awesome:













The movie follows an average guy's visit to an "average" dentist's office, and he has a horrible experience, which ends up being a nightmare. Or is it?

Hope you enjoyed this small sample platter of the kind of ridiculous things we're doing here at USC. Can you believe people actually get paid to do this stuff? Nice work if you can get it.

That's all I have for now. I leave you with an image of me sitting in a chair that I hate.


I hate this chair. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE IT.


I'd like to get into WHY I hate hate hate this chair but it's late and I have acting class tomorrow.


Sometime, I will tell the story of this horrible hell chair, sent from hell, to torture me, and where it now rests.

It's a good one.

Hate that chair.

CUBS IN '08!

No comments: