Saturday, February 23, 2008

What I've Been Doing:















COCAINE.

And lots of it.

OK, this sounds bad, but people should know that cocaine actually isn't that awful a thing, if you can manage your habit. A lot of folks in LA do cocaine, and it's a great way to network and stuff. I don't think that experimenting in new things is that terrible.

Ha! Just kidding. I have yet to come across any white angel dust in my time here. However, I did have to make some fake cocaine for my first short. These pics are from the night before my shoot

I had to use wikipedia to find a picture to model my coke after. As you can see, my Columbian white gold was merely ground-up Altoids. So this is what my moving to LA and spending the $$$ on school has come down to: me grounding up Altoids to look like coke. But it worked, along with a couple of other fake drugs I included in the shoot. I don't want to get into tons of specifics about what the movie was about, but it was a comedy about a young man who uses a ridiculous amount of drugs to sustain himself during a painfully boring employee motivation seminar.

The shoot went pretty smooth, at least as smooth shoots usually can go. I'm in the process of editing right now, and I show off my finished copy next Wednesday. We'll see how it goes over, plus I'll burn a DVD to show when I come back to CHI for the weekend.

Speaking of my coming back, just a heads up: I'm getting in Friday night and having dinner with the fam around the condo. Afterwards, I may be talked into visiting an establishment that serves alcohol.

Saturday night I'm seeing Oedipus at the Bailiwick. It's at 7 and there's info on how to buy tickets below in my last post. Once again, I'm no psychic, but I see bars in the picture.

Other than that, not a whole lot else going on in Hollywood this weekend. Except for this thing on Sunday where they give out these funny little statues. Strange town. Who'd want one?

I'm referring, of course, to the Academy Awards. I've been able to avoid the boredom of an apartment Oscar party and convinced most of the class to watch the Oscars at this cool sports bar in West Hollywood. I've also been able to orchestrate an Oscars pool for $5. I don't think it will match the excitement of March Madness, but I'll be a hell of a lot more interested in who wins for Best Animated Film (c'mon Persepolis! Upset special!).

Anyway, that's all I've got for now. I'll be seeing some of you in less than a week.

Oh, I saw Be Kind, Rewind tonight. Not a bad movie, but check out the YouTube site. My favorite is--surprise, surprise--Jurassic Park.

No comments: