Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Locations, Locations, Locations!!!

Going to keep this short b/c I'm tired and trying to get more than the "standard six" hours of sleep tonight.

[For those who don't know my sleep classification system it goes...]

-The Too-Much Ten
-The Niiiiiice Nine
-The Ideal Eight
-The So-So Seven
-The Standard Six
-The Failure Five
-The WTF Four
-The Big Trouble Three
-The Stupid Two
-The "Why?" One

[Feel free to debate these at your leisure, but I believe it holds up pretty well]

Anyway, I am in the throes of pre-production for my movie. (My partner is doing the final sound editing on her film, the 1965 lynching piece, and it goes on the Big Screen at USC this Saturday).

I, meanwhile, have taken it on the chin recently, and have failed to land a location to film my movie in (which, happily enough, starts shooting in less than two weeks!). It's a long story--one that I won't get into now--but it includes the corporatization of America, a questionable deal with a shady warehouse-owner named 'Chester', and my own inexperience and naivete seeming to rival that of Sarah Palin and Barack Obama combined.

Hopefully, I'll have everything sorted out soon and will be able to recount the last week or so in more detail. In the meantime, congrats to my best friend Nick for his popping the question to Kelly (and, can you believe it, she said "yes?), kudos to Kyle Orton for giving the Bears a fightin' chance in the sloppy NFC North, and I ask all of you to make a sacraficial offering to the gods of pre-production, so that they may grant me the guidance and negotiating skills to land a supermarket to film in.

Hope y'all be enjoying the fall, becuase it hasn't quite gotten here yet.