Friday, August 29, 2008

CHANGE(S) WE CAN BELIEVE IN!

With the new semester getting underway, and a crazy couple of months on the horizon, I'm proud to introduce the first of a handful of changes to the blog. There's some tabs on the side that list other websites and there may be more little things like that on the way.

Also, I recently discovered a function that can email the blog to a reader every time there's a new post. It only allows for a few emails to get out, though, so email me soon [markjkosin@gmail.com] if you want to be on that list.

More features and things like that are coming, so stay tuned.

Another change for the blog comes as I have made a very bold, very rash, almost McCain-esque decision to no longer ruminate and ramble on the events, candidates, or coverage of the 2008 election.

You may ask, what? Is Mark running from a fight? He can't stand the heat, and wants out of the kitchen?

Far from it. Like when any good argument fueled by ideology and whiskey gets to a certain level of intensity, men like to "take it outside". (Or at least, that's what I've heard, having never actually been in a bar fight). So I have decided to start ANOTHER blog, dedicated solely to the discussion of all things politics.

It's incredibly presumptive and elitist of me to think that any of you would have an interest in two blogs, but I guess the supporter's arrogant apple doesn't fall far from the candidate's tree. Its just that there's so much I'd like to say about what's going on politically but really want this blog to cover three things: my experience at USC, my experience as a Chicagoan living in Los Angeles, and the Chicago Cubs (who now sport their best record since 1945, the last year they made it to the World Series).

Besides, I won't be penning all the posts on my own. To keep things equal (or, if you must: "fair and balanced") I've invited a second contributor who displays his John McCain bumper sticker as proudly as I sport my Obama-Biden car magnet.

I won't say exactly who it is, but he's a lifelong friend, a stone cold conservative, and is responsible for some comment posts that rival Joe Biden in terms of length (but certainly not content).

[And, if anyone else out there fancies themselves a keen political mind, let me know (email above) and you too can contribute to the endless stream of self-important noise clogging the internet!]

The blog draws its name from the climax of a very close, very exciting, election that occurred 60 years ago (and caused a certain major metropolitan newspaper to have no small amount of egg on its face). For the inaugural post, I've decided to chat a bit about the coverage of things so far.

So keep a head's up for more changes, let me know if you want this emailed to you, expect a post soon about my first week of classes, and enjoy the first (and hopefully not the last) post on the all new, politically charged blog....

DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A little fun fact for you Mark, Dan Dietzler was born on Nov. 2nd 1948, election day. PS Dewey lost.

Anonymous said...

add me to the email list!