Sunday, July 6, 2008

From Sea to Shining Sea

Happy belated 4th of July to all. Here's a photo from one of this country's shining seas.

But that pic's not of just any beach, because that particular stretch of sand is just a short walk away from my new apartment.

He shoots....... he scores!!!!

Yeah, I've had a long and annoying time trying to land a new address. It's been especially frustrating b/c its kept me from focusing on other things like summer internships or working on next semester's scripts. But, at long last, signed the lease just a few days from my move-out date of June 30th. And boy, was this worth the wait.

No pics yet b/c I'm still cleaning stuff up and moving in. But it's pretty great. And it follows the three rules of real estate. 1. LOCATION (walking distance to the beach) 2. LOCATION (walking distance to bars and restaurants) a-a-a-a-a-a-a-and: 3. LOCATION (close to the freeway to go to USC).

The commute to USC isn't too bad. About 20 mins most of the time, significantly more during rush hours. I don't mind too much, especially since some other classmates live out this way and some sort of pooling of cars may be in the works if gas stays in the stratosphere.

(BTW: Great clip from the Daily Show about gas prices, about 2:50 in)

Besides, I got used to driving to school back at the Academy. Benet, that is.

I'm thinking it'd be a good time to expand my music-type knowledge. When it comes to really knowing music, I'm about as lost as the characters on LOST.

(BTW again, Am I the only one who totally thought that the bloodthirsty mercenary Keamy looked like a juiced up Derek Jeter?)

Wow, that's getting off track. Anyway, the point is that I'm going to be buying some new CDs over the next couple of weeks but I don't know what to buy. This is time for a little audience participation.

If y'all could be so kind, please post any music recommendations. A great band, a great album. A great album from a great band, whatever. The whole gammut here to, from Beethoven to Bono, Gershwin to Green Day, Elvis Presley to Lupe Fiasco. Lay it all down.

Unless, of course, you have terrible taste in music. Then don't post anything, you'll just embarrass yourself.

Wish I could write more but I've got an apartment to clean and a coastline to jog up. More later. Also, one thing I did miss out on on the 4th of July was watching one of my personal favorite films of all time: Independence Day. Joey txtd me about a ID4 marathon on Fox Movie Channel, which my cable package sadly does not have. Anyway, Will Smith said it best:

"Elvis has left the building!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark,
Chris could help you with all your music needs. He listens to a verrrrry wide range. Chris is to music like you are to film. I don't want to leave his number on here, tho.
Your favorite aunt.

;)

Anonymous said...

only 1 post during july? you are losing your readers kosin. step it up. mike