Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor of Love

So it's been a little while since I've blogged...blah blah blah....

But, hey, we all know I like to take it easy over the summer.

And most of fall.

And don't think I'll be doing ANYTHING during the holidays.

BUT, I will always sit down and focus up for a good three to four weeks in September and October and boy, are those golden.

So, here we are back in the swing of another semester, except, there IS no semester. School is over.

And yet the blog continues....

For now, at least.

Part of me had wanted to wrap things up on the blog around graduation and let it stand as a cohesive look into my tenure at USC. But that didn't happen for a few reasons...1) I didn't have time to wrap up everything on the blog since I got busy finishing school [speaking of, USC Top Moment #3 coming down the pike any day now] and 2) I got busy doing a few other things this summer, like helping a friend make his thesis and helping my family move out of the burbs. And 3) I don't really think I can shut the book on USC yet even though I'm graduated. I'm still defined more as a former USC student than anything else right now, though in time that will change. I feel like the months after graduation are kinda still part of my education and time as a Trojan.

So....yes: the blog continues. I'll probably spend a good chunk of time looking back at USC just to make sure I get all my 'Final Thoughts' out on my time there.

I'll also do my best to offer up some snapshots of the murky post-USC landscape. Bottom line right now: it is not great (nobody said it would be) but I wouldn't say it's awful either (lots of people say that).

Clearly since I'm not working on a TV show or applying for membership in the WGA right now things aren't as swell as they could be. But I'm testing the waters of my writing and working hard to get work and taking any and every opportunity* with an open mind.

I'll fill y'all in with more specifics as soon as they bceome available....

or as soon as I figure them out.

Talk soon,

MJK


*This includes, but is not limited to: becoming a gigolo, becoming a pimp, dealing drugs, selling my sperm, selling someone else's sperm, telemarketing, the Bloomingdale's executive training program, hitman, grease man, hatchet man, assassin, social assassin, day laborer, organ harvester, professional daredevil, stand-up comedian, ventriloquist, magician, magician's assistant, sorcerer's apprentice, dentist, shoe salesman, copywriter for the Dayton Bugle, hand model, stunt double, bodyguard, drug dealer-keeper-awayer, personal savior, televangelist, Republican nominee for President, pole dancer, ghostbuster, dog-walker, gold-trader, gold-prospector, oil man, entrepreneur, real estate mogul and curator for the Lost City of Atlantis. Lady, if there's a steady paycheck in it, I'll believe whatever you want. Congrats for reading this far down, the list just became a nice snippet from 'Ghostbusters' that I hope you enjoyed. Okay, this list is ending for real....right......now.

1 comment:

Nick said...

You can make good money selling sperm, that's how I paid for my wedding!