Saturday, April 30, 2011

April is the Cruelest Month

And that's not just the immortal words of T.S. Elliot talkin'!

From what I've heard Chicago has been really rainy recently...

How rainy was it!?


it was so rainy that Mayor Daley decided to start taxing puddles! 


[click here]


it was so rainy the Chicago River almost looked like it was made of real water!

[click here]

it was so rainy that the outfield walls of Wrigley Field were covered in kelp!

[click here]


imgres.jpg


Ah, just a little Carson-esque fun. A laugh is needed though, because April has been a month of little fun and laughs. In addition to the wet weather in CHI, I have my own downpour of work to attend to here in L.A. (I won't say how the weather has been out here, but lets just say it rhymes with kleventy and trunny).

Its been a very busy month - I've been working overtime to get my scripts as close to "show ready" as possible, and there's been a great amount of work here and events back home that I don't want to get into at this time. But it has been rough.

I do feel bad because I was getting so much more in the swing of things with the blog and haven't been able to share some of the few bright spots of this month and keep up on my Top 5 USC moments.

So, just wanted to drop this post so I didn't go the entire month of April without a word.

This year has been just as much work as I set out to do, and I am proud of what I've accomplished so far this semester, but there's still a lot to do. The next two weeks will be a real blur as far as getting anything done, but hopefully I can find some time to keep this thing a bit more updated as we head into May.

Many, many things happening and I want to try and get it all down as much as possible.

Wrapping up for now - I've still got my feature to polish up - but here's hoping that May brings a little more joy, a little less work and whole lot more SUN.


-mk

No comments: